Monday, January 31, 2011

Master Cleanse

It may seem somewhat Ironic that I am posting on my food blog about not eating.  But really, Cleansing is a great way to keep your body looking and feeling great.

My New Years resolution this year was to do another Master Cleanse.  It has been 6 years and 2 babies in the making, but I was finally able to cleanse this year.

I lasted a whopping 14 days, and I can say that cooking for a family was what got me through it.  The first cleanse I did (6 Years ago) did not require my cooking prowess.  My husband did his own cooking.  I lasted the requisite 10 days, but by the end of 7 I was bored with not thinking, working with, eating food.

Do we really realize the amount of time we spend focused on food?  As I sit here great smells of chicken curry are wafting from our kitchen where my father-in-law is hard at work.  Supper will be great tonight.

We can't get away from it.  I believe this was the first thing that I noticed on my first cleanse....Food is everywhere!  On tv, on the radio, in magazines, as you walk down the street.  We talk about what we are going to buy at the store, how much it was, what we are going to make with it, we critique it as we are eating, we reminisce about it after we've finished the meal.  We Buy it, we cook it, we clean up after it, we prepare for our next encounter with food.

Finally, we Digest it.  which expends 60 - 75% of the energy we burn on a daily basis

So when we remove all of those things from our lives what we are left with is more than double the energy and nothing to do with it!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that you actually managed to do the whole 14 days. Incredible. Great stuff. It actually does make you look 10 years younger. Huge difference. I just mat try it my self one day. If i can mange to have the discipline to do so. Good for you Sherri Vaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete